Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Super Moist Banana Bread

So, this recipe has the Casey Seal of Approval, otherwise known as CSA. Last night after I took it out of the oven, he wasn't sure if he liked it. But today, after it had cooled, he loved it. And I quote "This is really good!" So, here is the recipe, it's soooooo basic and it's a variation of the banana bread recipe I found on Simply Recipes. I only made some small changes to the recipe.

  • 3-4 bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 c. vegetable oil
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • pinch of salt.
  • lemon juice

Peel your bananas and place them on a plate and drizzle lemon juice over them. I used about 1/4-1/2 tsp. I didn't measure it, so I can't be sure how much I used. I then mashed them with a fork, there were still some medium sized bits. I poured the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl and added the sugar, egg and vanilla and mixed well. I then sprinkled the soda and salt over the banana mixture and mixed it in well. Then I added the flour and mixed it until it was all combined. I didn't want to mix it too much because I didn't want it to have too much gluten, which would make it tough and chewy. I poured the batter into my pampered chef loaf pan and baked it for 1 hour at 350 degrees. It was sooooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment